Know the nature photography competition rules and regulations. Read them carefully and prepare your images to reach the top.
Anyone over 18 age can enter the contest with the exception of The Nature Photography Contest employees, their associated companies, and employees of any company chosen to sponsor the contest prizes.
Film captured images are accepted.
There is no limit of images each artist can submit.
There are no date and time restrictions on when the image was taken.
The Nature Photography Contest reserves the right, at its exclusive discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not meet the following requirements:
- You are the unique owner and author of each photograph
- Presented image must be 100% photographic origin, this means using a camera or similar device, digital art images will not be accepted.
- Presented image cannot have been awarded in other contest
- You confirm that each person in photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown, unless the copyright laws in your jurisdiction allow film persons in a public place without consent.
- Your image does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, or pornographic content.
- Your image does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a crime or violate any law.
- Your image does not infringe copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, neither violate the rights of privacy or publicity of any person.
- Your photo will not include images that you have purchased or for which you have obtained the rights to be used.
- You will accept the decision of the judges and agree not to contact any judge directly in relation to your photographs, you can’t participate in judges attacks or evaluation process in any medium, social media including.
- You agree to fully indemnify The Nature Photography Contest about all penalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person for failure to comply with any of the above requirements.
Winners’ names will be posted online at thenaturephotocontest.com
To maintain the integrity of The Nature Photography Contest, participants must ensure their photographs honestly and authentically depict the natural world. Images should reflect wild specimens in their natural habitats, avoiding harm to animals or their environment. Honesty, respect for wildlife, and adherence to all applicable regulations are essential. Using live bait or any practices that endanger animals or misrepresent their behavior is prohibited. Unethical submissions will be disqualified, aligning with our goal to celebrate the planet's beauty and promote its conservation through photography.
The files must keep the following specifications:
- sRGB or Adobe98 color space.
- The minimum dimension must be 2500 pixels on the long side.
- JPG format.
- No watermarks / Copyright units / Logos on images.
- Borderless photos only.
- Maximum size 100 megabytes.
Finalists must provide the original file: RAW, DNG, original jpg, etc… This file will only be used to demonstrate ownership of the submited image and to verify edit quantity. Winning Participants who not keep these eligibility criteria will be considered ineligible and disqualified with no right to appeal.
Registration fees are in Euros and will be paid by credit card or Paypal. Follow the instructions when the image upload is complete.
You can participate in the following categories:
- Natural Landscapes
- Plant life
- Night world
- Environmental impact
- Sharing the planet
- Funny nature
Participating is 10€ cost for each sent photograph, regardless of the category in which you wish to participate.
Part of this participation will be donated to onetreeplanted.org getting a tree planted for each user who participates.
The registration period will end on 2023 November, 22.
We could extend the participation period if the registration phase has not ended and the costs have not been covered.
The dates and rates will appear at all times on the contest website thenaturephotocontest.com
You can add more photos while the participation period is open, however, once it is over, the photos cannot be changed.
COPYRIGHT AND RIGHTS OF USE
The copyright of the images will always belong to the photographer. Our sponsors do not acquire rights of use for commercial purposes.
For the winning images, the copyright holders allows contest organizer unlimited and non-exclusive use for activities in all media, including social media, online and printed, in relation with the contest and all promotional activities without any remuneration.
The copyright holders of all winning images allows the contest organizer the non-exclusive use of images on our website, without any remuneration.
Images will be used strictly in relation with the awards and will not be used for any other purposes. The images will not be sold or used by third parties, If we recive a request for it, we will send it to the photographer by email.
The rights to display images is granted on social media websites (on our official profiles) to promote the winners of The Nature Photography Contest.
You agree to participate in related publicity and the use of your name and images for promotional and advertising purposes in relation with the contest, without additional compensation.
The Nature Photography Contest and its partners do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for the misuse of images by external third parties.
Any image used by The Nature Photography Contest must mention the author. If this mention is not made, it will not be considered a negligence, provided that all reasonable efforts are made to rectify it in a reasonable period from the date of notification.
Cash prizes will be paid in Euros by PayPal or bank transfer. Any fees incurred for foreign currency transfers will be deducted from the total. There are no alternatives available to award winners.
The prizes will be:
- 1000€ absolute winner (Photography of the year)
- 100€ best category photo
- 10 honorable mentions for each category
- Photographer of the year award and possibility to choose the place where donated trees will be planted.
The jury will be composed by 4 members
The jury phase will be blind. The judges will individually score each selected photograph, the average of these scores will be used to select the finalists in each category. Later, a new vote will be made, which will result in the winner of each category and the final winner of the contest.
The Photographer of the year award
Will be awarded to the photographer who obtains a higher score by adding 3 of his best photographs. Only the photo with the highest score in each category will be taken into account, so only photographers who have been submitted to a minimum of 3 categories will be eligible for this award.
Images will be judged on artistic merit, originality, theme, and style.
The decision of The Nature Photography Contest is definitive.